Thursday, November 4, 2010

Great day

Today has been a great day, full of good moments.  First I had a parent techer conference for J, I love his teacher.  She really gets J and has so many sweet things to say about him.  I can tell he is really loved and cared for at school.  A couple of things that stood out to me that she said was that he really enjoyed learning about the Bible, that he is tenderhearted, he loves others well and that he accepts correction.  Those are all things I want him to really grasp in life.  I then ran around to thrift stores with my mom and just hung out without feeling like we had to get something done, that might be the first time it's been like that in awhile.  She also bought us groceries which was awesome!  We talked about life and how each of us recently have had a really hard time adjusting to some new things in our life.  I love talking about real life issues with her.  Connie then came and met me at Chuckie Cheese to take L for the afternoon and night, L was so excited.

I try to do homework right when each of the kids gets home from school to get it out of the way.  Lately with K I have been trying to be more attentive to her homework needs and spending real time with her.  Each day we make a picture of a number starting at 10 we'll be working up to 50.  We glued glitter on 10, painted 11 and glued colored marshmellows on 12 she loves it!  I have seen improvement in her attitude towards me since we have spent time together, it's just so hard to stop and remember it's worth it.  When J got home we spent 2 hours on homework that should take 40 minutes, he can wear me out sometimes.  I decided to today that I really needed to spend extra time working through the details of his homework and giving him the time he needs.  The way J responds also to that attention is neat.  I really enjoyed my role as mom today and now I need to working out that good tension of mom and wife.  I thank God that I have a husband that understands and is patient with the housework.  Now off to fold many baskets of laundry.

No comments: