Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Early Morning

Today was a 6 am day.  Not often but sometimes I have the task of packing up all the kids and getting them to school on time.  I try really hard to not be stressed or irrational with them but I can always feel it creep out.  J had to finish some homework this morning and it was a battle he insisted that I do not need to correct his homework his teacher will do that.  He wrote a sentence that read "I see my little green house at 12:59 o'clock."  I felt like the sentence didn't make sense and he should change it, immediately he argues, I have such a difficult time deciphering when he just needs to obey and when I should just let go.  I chose to have him change it regardless of the battle and try to remember it's a bigger issue of pride and this is how it's manifesting this morning.  I really don't care about the paper it's his character and his heart that I am concerned over, it's really hard to not be distracted by the symptoms of sin.  When I am distracted I focus on how he is being difficult I usually end up screaming and being super frustrated.  When I see J I feel like I deal with the same sin so often but yet I still find it hard to extend the same grace that God gives us in dealing with whatever the situation might be.  So as I write this I want to remind myself that God extends grace often to me and I need to do the same with my children.  Focus on their heart issues as oppose to their frustrating behaviors.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This one brought back some memories for me. Just remembering the frustrations as a mother dealing with my children when they were young. I remember going to bed many times feeling so guilty as how i handled some of the situations that the day held-thinking i'll be different tomorrow. Then, when a problem/situation would occur; i would find myself right back to where i was the day before. Many times i thought i wasn't patient enough or maybe i could handled it a different way. In maybe this journal or some of the other ones, you mention your quest and hunger for God's ways to come out in you. I love that & that was my quest then & now. It's amazing when wanting & asking for God's direction; how he can cause this to come about even through the very things that are around us (our family). Those things that need "tweaking" in us began to come out & from there be dealt with thru God's help. Thanks for sharing even your frustrations. God is doing little miracles in your life every day!