Monday, November 21, 2011

Time to wrap up

We've had a full couple of days!  We finished the last couple of days of our challenge.  Friday night we had beans and rice which we all happen to love, so not much of a sacrifice :)   I think they all licked there plates that night.  We are all certainly feeling a greater thankfulness for normal meals and groceries in the house.  Saturday is my grocery day all the kids put in their request of what they missed, Jack-bagels, Kate-Cheetos and little Lucy -big apples.  Sunday we packed up the boxes and took them with us to church, dropping them off was such a fun experience. 


There is a drop off line so that it moves faster and people don't have to get out of their cars, there was music playing, people running around in turkey costumes, funny little signs while you wait.  It was such a fun experience!  I hope my kids will walk away feeling the excitement of giving and participating in what God is doing in Cincinnati.

  As we move forward and talk about the last week with the kids I want to be sure that we all understand that we did our best to give a taste of others experience or feel in this world but we always knew that life wouldn't be like that forever. I pray that God will use this in my family's hearts, mine included to give us a heart for God's people and to not ignore what the Lord was passionate about.   


Baptisms across the city 

I was aware of at least three churches yesterday doing baptisms, which happen to be one of my favorite things to participate in as a Christ follower...I love it!

My morning started off watching a friend from Grace be baptised...and later with many other believers across the city. 

I have such a joy watching people come up out of the water, it's such a incredible picture of God washing us clean of our sins and new life!  I heard several stories of people who have known Christ for a long time and now deciding to follow through on his command and others who surrendered to Christ that morning.  Several times I was moved to tears to see people's faces as they came up out of the water.  Faith in Christ is simple in that he prompts you and all you have to do is respond. 


A few stories that I don't want to forget.

There was a gentleman who was at the 8:30 service who ignored the prompting to go and be baptised and got in his car and left after service, as he drove away he felt the Lord tugging at his heart to go back he turned the car around and went.  He was then baptised at the next service!

There was a girl who looked about 9 who told us she was baptised last year and she was here to now baptize her younger sister.

There was a young couple engaged to be married and she shared that she knew that she needed to surrender to Christ and be baptised because next year she would need to be able to do this in a marriage with her husband.

I was baptized in a hot tub at a summer camp by Ben a couple of years ago and I can't imagine anyone else that would've been more appropriate to do it.  I love that we serve a God who gives his people his power to do his work.  Ben and I have baptized several people who came to know Christ through his power in us and I hope that we get the privilege to do many more baptisms in our lifetime!


Great conversations with my children.

Lucy shared what she learned about Mary Magdalene yesterday at church.
"Mom...she poured perfume on Jesus's head he thought it was nice, but it wasn't.  The girl followed Jesus where ever he went."  I love 3 year old versions of stories and what they catch.

Jack in the car told me this.  "If I become president, I'm just saying if, I think I will conquer the world in like 4 years.  
Me: "What would you do if you conquer the world?"
Jack"Well help the poor and all the kids without moms and dads"

It's neat to see the Lord working!

2 comments:

Pocket said...

Tell Jack to keep that platform and I will totally vote for him ;)

Loved reading your blog this week! You have some very lucky kiddos (and cute, too)! Thanks for sharing.

Megan said...

I love your family. My favorite thing about you guys is that Jesus is clearly the center of your home and you faithfully live radically different for Him! Thank you.