Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sam don't you know you could of died?

Sam don't you know you could of died?  These have been the words out of my mouth countless times in the last months and especially the last couple of days.  I really do aim to be a good mother but Sam is just too fast.  I take 10-100 small items out of his mouth a day.  These range from Littlest Pet Shop items, Barbie shoes, Lego's, hairballs to leftover food on the kitchen floor.  I mean really why must we put EVERYTHING in our mouth Sam?  Don't you know you could of died?  Yesterday we unloaded groceries and my sweet well intentioned husband put all the bags into one bag but then did not put them under the sink. Well no more than a few seconds later Sam had all the bags pulled out, luckily none on his head, I mean doesn't Sam know that babies shouldn't play with Kroger bags.  Oh course another moment of Sam don't you know you could of died?

 And then today to top it all off Sam and stairs don't mix.  We have multiple times caught him climbing 2-3 stairs and falling off, but still he has not learned or better said yet I have not learned.  He is just so fast and I don't have a gate, I  have never used them before but that will change.  Well I could hear him on the steps so I  checked and he is on the third stair from the top, that means he climbed 10 stairs without falling yikes!  Sam don't you know you could of died!

3 comments:

krissy said...

hysterical.
you have to keep him around, Hope will need him one day.

the mama said...

You know full well that boys antics involving trying to kill themselves just grow as the boy grows. Sam is just advanced!

Susan Holt Simpson said...

Oh my! You got one of THOSE kids! God bless him! (and you!)

THAT KID of mine is all grown up now (almost...) but I had to pull all SORTS of things out of that his mouth when he was little! Rocks were a favorite of his, but the most memorable was a worm! Yes!

When I said, "Whatever you have in there, spit it out!" He sent a wet, and very clean, earthworm into my hand. We were working in the garden you see....

hahahahaha