Monday, December 6, 2010

Tears

Our 1st real snow Saturday December 4th!
Last night was so sweet we decided to watch some old videos we found.  The first one was Easter 2006 K was barely one and J almost 3.  I had forgotten how sweet K was at that age and how much I loved her.  Lately she has been a challenge, she can be dramatic and I feel like we don't always connect.  It just reminded me to not be caught up in these sometimes difficult moments and just to show love.  I was really struck with the way I interacted with her I was so loving and patient, I often think because she is older she no longer needs me to treat her that way.  In the video J and K did a egg hunt, K waddled all over our yard searching, she had a giant pink dress on, it was adorable.  J got Narnia in his Easter basket and boy was he excited!  Hearing his little voice was so sweet.  We also watched Christmas morning 2006.  J opened all the gifts without stopping and K took her sweet time and played with each gift as she opened it.  K got a kitchen that year, it was the one my dad made me as a child.  This year L is going to get kitchen stuff it's funny how that really is a timeless gift. 

We got our Christmas tree last night, I really like having a big Christmas, tree growing up we had huge ones.  I sent Ben to get one and really tried hard to be content with what he brought back, sometimes that's hard for me to not be critical.  He brought back one that seemed fine but slowly I could feel myself be frustrated and discontent feeling like he didn't listen to me.  Of course it turned to tears and I wasn't very sweet, I know he is thinking it's just a tree.  It was good in the end Ben and I talked and could see each others side of the situation.  He is so sweet he went and got Indian and a bottle of wine, we had a great family dinner and decorated the tree.


On a fun note S is sitting up really good!  If he is on the carpet I can leave him sitting and he does fine.  He is growing fast!

2 comments:

shell said...

it is so fun to watch old videos! this makes me want to go dig ours out. your kids are too cute!

because HE first loved us said...

Love this one too! I want Sam to stay this size and age forever... he is soooo stinkin' cute & fun!