Friday, December 10, 2010

Good frustrations

Today and the last few days I have felt this underlying frustration in ministry.  Ben and I work hard to share our life with many people and sometimes that can feel messy.  If I really stop and look it makes sense we are sinful people mixing with sinful people.  I sometimes don't get lack of unity in the body of believers, aren't we all called to love the other believers around us regardless of our feelings?  I know that as I have grown in my relationship with Christ this is a area that God has challenged me in, I still have a lot of growing to do!  I understand having a conflict with someone that is natural but why not use the power of Christ's love and work those differences out?  These are just broad questions that have been weighing on me.  I was reading Ephesians 4: 2-4 today and haven't been able to stop thinking of these verses.  "Always be humble and gentle.  Be Patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love.  Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the spirit, binding yourselves together with peace.  For there is one body and one spirit, just as you have been called to one glorious hope for the future."  Today I am committing to make every effort with my brothers and sisters in Christ to stay untied!  I look forward to Heaven knowing that this tension will not be present.  Aim to love today!

1 comment:

because HE first loved us said...

Amen! I feel you here and love your heart... I love that you are my sister!!! Thanks for sharing!