Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Not fair

The subject of things not being fair has surfaced several times this week in our house.  Ben and I had a conversation with a friend regarding life and should life be fair and then driving home the other day Kate after remembering something that Jack got that she hadn't let me know that "it's not fair".  These are such simple words and often said by adults, not just children.  At face value they really aren't a big deal but what I think they can breed if repeated by my children through out life, can be dangerous.  When I say or think that something in life isn't fair often I become very discontent and upset with the one who wasn't "fair" to me.  As I spoke to Kate I wanted her to continue to understand that the God we serve and who is our loving father isn't fair but he is just and he does have our eternal good in mind.  She was pretty heated and I don't think willing to listen at the moment to my words but I am more than sure that this subject will be breached over and over again.  It's been fun to see how the Lord has chosen to use this in my life and as always teach me through my parenting. 

1 comment:

Jen said...

thank God that he's not "fair" right!? imagine what we'd deserve if he were. so thankful for a graceful but just God that we have! thanks for the reminder Maria!