Thursday, January 26, 2012

Our banquet table

I think the theme of life lately is refocus and intentionality  Ben and I have been challenged the last 6 months to take a long hard look at the things we do as a family and who we invest in.  It's been awesome to be purposeful in the decisions ahead.  We want to do the things in life that will glorify the Lord we serve, even though we know it might be very hard but we will never regret them.  In September I read in Luke 14 about Jesus dining in the home of one of the leading pharisees, he told the host when you put on a luncheon or a banquet don't invite who is comfortable or will give you love back, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, and the blind.  I have heard this story a million times but this time it hit me differently.  "Do I do this in my life?"  I felt a little broken over it, was I suppose to throw a party for those in my community who fit this description?  Lord what does this mean in my life?  As time has gone on he has developed this more clearly, for us I think this means adoption!  We are excited to now to be officially starting the process and I look forward to the day I can invite a child to our banquet table as a permanent guest.  My heart is bubbling over and ready to explode at the thought:)

If you like blogs and you want to be encouraged I have really enjoyed this one...http://www.onethankfulmom.com/    Thank you Shelley I can't stop tearing up.

No comments: