Sunday, August 12, 2012

One more week of Summer, it's really hard to believe!!  We start homeschooling August 20th.  People ask if I am ready and I wonder if I will ever be able to say I am ready.  I am really excited about teaching the kids this year! I feel terribly unequipped in one sense, considering my lack of training, but on the other hand I feel that I was made for this and will know my children better than any teacher could.  I feel very reassured that even when this gets hard that it is the right decision for now.

This past week has been exciting and eventful. 
We started our home study on Monday, which felt great to get it going and it makes adoption very real.  lately I have felt prompted to move faster on paperwork and to trust that the Lord will provide financially along the way.  My first fundraising endeavor will be a garage sale on September 1st and I will be asking for household items that people would like to donate and all the money would help bring Davis #5 home!  Ben's dad sent us a video this week I think this is where some of my emotions about moving the paperwork along came from.  If you have a minute watch it, remember not everyone is called or able to adopt but we all are called to have a heart that responds in some way to the orphans of this world.  OK enough just watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWHJ6-YhSYQ&feature=player_embedded

On Monday my mom also had a complete hysterectomy, she is hopeful that this will be the solution to some recent abdominal pain.  It's hard sometimes to know how to help a parent when they aren't feeling the best.  We are praying for wisdom and a speedy recovery.

We have been so excited all week about Crossroads Florence opening soon.  This week we had a dedication, the surrounding communities and the ones who have given to make this possible were invited. The evening was like nothing else, it's hard to walk into their doors and not feel loved.  It was so encouraging to hear more vision for the church and to know that the Lord is already using the people in this community to impact the city around us.  This past Saturday we had an open house to let those who are considering Crossroads take a tour around and feel comfortable to come on August 19th.  Ben and I gave tours and it was so neat to meet so many that have not been to church since childhood and have no church home.  We are pumped about where the Lord has us!

Last night we had a little drive way get together to send off our neighbors across the street who are moving.  We are so sad, we know the Lord will bring just the right family but it's hard to see them leave.

It's been a long day and now I need to go help Ben put the little ones down.

No comments: