Thursday, August 16, 2012

Blessed

The Lord is so good and faithful!  


The Lord's spirit is actively working in my life, when I felt despairing and overwhelmed the Lord has shown Himself.  It's easy to feel alone in this adoption process and that is what I was experiencing, I think this was fault of my own of course.  Looking back I hadn't let many into our world yet,  the Lord has prompted us to share more about what is going on in our life.  He has shown up through others in many ways, and that is exciting!

My dear friend Cory is making a beautiful infinity scarf to help raise money for our adoption.  It was so refreshing and reassuring that the Lord plans on using others to partner with us in this crazy adventure!  Thanks Cory for following through on the whispers of the Lord to move on this idea. 

Mint & Orange Floral Infinity Scarf: Davis Family Adoption Fundraiser



I have countless encouragements from friends, family and neighbors who are excited and want to help. 

As I was thinking this morning a thought struck me.  I have been feeling burdened by the amount of paperwork that this process involves and honestly feeling sorry for myself, silly huh!  My thoughts often were..."why can't Ben take initiative and help more with this?".  Well this morning I was reminded that my dear husband is working on our adoption and very hard at that.  He is going to work everyday and bringing home a paycheck.  He is putting in extra time and aiming for his best fall ever to be able to move forward financially on this adoption.  Wow, I felt a sense of conviction that I clearly wasn't identifying this as helping and I wasn't showing him a thankful heart. 



Thank you all who are praying for us, helping and using their talents and gifts to bless God's kingdom and our family! 




No comments: