Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Smiles

Last week was a very difficult week due to several outside stresses and I know that had an effect on my children in the way I have chosen to interact with them.  Frankly I would not have wanted me for a mom last week if I were them. I knew this week had to be different!

 The Lord help me notice something today as I have was interacting with my children, the more I smiled as I spoke or gave direction the better they responded.  As I drove home today and I smiled at Sam in the rear view mirror and he smiled back I was thinking how a smile communicates so much about the way you care for someone.  I wonder sometimes what does my face look like to my kids as I get frustrated and angry with them or outside circumstances.  Do I look like I love them or enjoy them?  Do I show them Christ in my eyes and smile?  I think the Lord is all so graciously reminding me of my purpose and role as a mother and how I will be naturally one of their prime examples of Christ lived out in someones life.  This week I will be consciously purposing to love my family with smiles and loving eyes.  Thank you Lord for your gentle reminders in my life!

No comments: