Monday, April 18, 2011

Why is that?

As I am reading my bible this morning I realize that I want others to know what I am doing, why is that? I was reading on the iPad and thinking will people know that I am reading my bible? Will they think I am just messing around on the iPad? Why does it matter what others think? I struggle so much lately with doing things so others see and not so that I honor my lord. Maybe I have been doing it all along and now I can just see my sin. It's hard for me I think it can be a fine line in my life of living out my faith so that others can be encouraged and living it so others will praise me. Lord strip the pride out of my life I can see how I make much of myself and not of you. Change me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maria Davis, hands down, if anyone asked me how you have influenced me over the years its been me WATCHING how YOU live your life. I probs wouldn't have listened to half the things you told me if I didn't see such a difference/maturity/promise/hope in your life totally defining your love of God and your identity in Him. So while I understand that struggle/line between living so others can see/wanting others to see, thank you for letting me see into your life and your family!