Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A New Year

On January 1st it was a big day for S.  He started off the day by pulling up in his crib and then continued on to crawl on his hands and knees.  S had been scooting around everywhere he wants but now I can actually say he crawls.  Over the last couple of days it's been really fun to see him pull up on everything, except I have to rescue him every five minutes.  Now I just have to wait till he masters the skill of getting down after he pulls up.

L has really been on my heart lately.  She has had difficulty with learning to speak since her second birthday we've had first steps come in and work with her once a week.  At 2 she was saying less than 20 words and not very clearly.  Now L can say almost anything she wants and string together about five words.  In the last week she has started to stutter, which J has a problem with also.  I just feel for her it seems like she has faced such difficulty already just to communicate her basic needs.  My prayer is that I will be able to have extra patience understanding the things she is trying to tell me and that I would stay confident that God is using this in both L and I.

Yesterday was our first day back to school, I was sad to see the kids go back I have never felt this way before.  I really enjoyed the break and having them home!  Yesterday I made a crock pot recipe which was good all like it except for J, I'll post the link on my food blog.  I also made ciabatta bread yesterday, my mom gave me a video to watch about making it and to my surprise it turned out and tasted great!  I always have this thing that it's just not worth it to make bread but this was actually not that tuff.  Here is the link in case anyone else is up for trying,  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v24OBsYsR-A&feature=related .

I have also been making baby food for S, which I never wholeheartedly have done before.  I am really enjoying it.  I found a great site that gives good recipes and how to cook your stuff properly.  I am so excited to find ways to save money in our house without cutting out major things, when I compare costs I will be saving about $100 over the next 5 months!  So far S's favorite is green beans and pear/banana combo.
http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/greenbeansbabyfoodrecipes.htm

I can't wait to see what God has for us this year!  

3 comments:

shell said...

T and H has a speech delay-they could only say 5+ words at 3 years old!! You would never know it now. Amazing how God can heal! I will try and pray for you today that God will give you extra patience!

Cory said...

Sam is getting SO big! I can't believe he's moving around so much! I use that same website to make James' food - it's awesome!

because HE first loved us said...

Way to go Momma! I want to try that bread recipe and hope to use the baby food stuff with my next one :)
Love you sis!